In an article on this site, discussed was the importance of hair care as to why you should take good care of your hair considering all the essentials needed. When it comes to having the ‘right’ way of treating your hair, you’ll find different pieces of advice from different kinds of people. While moms tell us to always oil our hair, others would recommend the new trend of hair care today such as hair spa, keratin treatment, rebonding and all. But before you proceed on choosing the type of treatment you should have, here are a few basic tips that you should know how to maintain a healthy hair.
1. Losing a bunch of hair strands is normal. About every day, a woman loses 100 to 150 strands so don’t panic when you see them across your tiled floor, crawling in a bunch.
2. When the hair is wet, it becomes fragile and prone to breakage so you must comb them with extreme care. What you need to have is a broad toothed comb, running it from the roots to the ends of your hair as gently as possible.
3. To get rid of those brown and rough split ends, maintain a trimmed hair by cutting ¼ an inch of it every six to eight weeks to prevent the split ends from growing out.
4. It is not recommended to wash your hair every day. If you do, be sure to apply some conditioner on the ends to keep it from drying out. If possible, apply the same brand of shampoo and conditioner.
5. Rinse off the conditioner with a cold water for a stronger and shinier hair.
6. Take note of the shampoo you are using. Unlike how we choose the food we eat based on the nutrition facts we see at the back, the back of our shampoo sachets or bottles are most of the time left unread. This is actually important because most shampoos are focused on the use of sulfates, which makes it lather the way it does and helps clean the hair by separating the dirt. However, studies found out that they could also strip some essential oils to the hair and cause irritation to the skin. If you feel any of these problems, try switching to a sulfate-free shampoo.