Around the world, coffee has been remarked to have different opinions. Some say it helped them stay awake and active, others have claimed it had negative effects on them. While the research for the total effects of coffee is still nowhere near completion, here is a list of what we all know at the moment:
1. Coffee increases physical performance. A cup of black or brewed coffee at least an hour before workout improves your performance by increasing adrenaline levels in the blood. This adrenaline helps you prepare for a physical force.
2. Coffee helps you lose weight. It contains magnesium and potassium that helps the body in using insulin to regulate blood sugar levels. This makes you crave less for sugary treats and snacks.
3. Coffee is a fat burner. It makes fat cells break down body fats and convert it into fuel for training and strenuous activities.
4. Coffee gives focus and helps you stay alert. With moderate caffeine intake of a maximum of 6 cups a day mental alertness can be improved.
5. Coffee lowers death risk. According to studies, those who drink coffee have 25% lower death risk than those who don’t.
7. Coffee helps lower the risk of stroke.
8. Coffee makes you brighten up your mood, helps fight against depression, and reduce the threat of suicide. Two cups of coffee a day helps prevent suicide by 50%. It stimulates the central nervous system and increases the production of neurotransmitters which elevates and lightens up your mood.
9. Coffee guards your brain. High caffeine levels in the blood lower the risk of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
10. Coffee protects your body because it contains antioxidants that serve as fighters against free radicals in the body.